Nothing beats blueberries and cheesecake in the same dessert! This family favorite is irresistible. This recipe will help you create homemade blueberry pie filling, a tasty cream cheese, and graham cracker crust. Layer these together for this perfect dessert.
- 4 c. crushed graham crackers
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. confectioners’ sugar
- 12oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 c. whipped cream
- 3 ½ c. fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
- Combine crumbs and butter and ½ c. sugar.
- Press into deep pie pan or 8 x 12 inch pan – bottom and sides.
- Bake 15 minutes or less in 300 degree oven. Cool.
- Combine cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar then beat until fluffy and smooth.
- Beat whipped cream mixture into creamed cheese mixture.
- Spread mix over the cooled crust.
- To make blueberry topping: Over medium heat on stovetop, cook 2 ½ c. fresh blueberries, ½ c. sugar & 1 tsp. lemon juice until thickened.
- Cool blueberry sauce.
- Mix an additional 1 c. fresh blueberries to the cooled blueberry sauce.
- Sprinkle with nuts and top with blueberry pie filling.
- Chill 24 hours.
- Garnish with additional whipped cream.Number of servings (yield): 12-16